7.30.2007

The Look For Less

I decided to try my hand at 'The Look for Less'. I am usually very bad at it, but I figured it would make a good post. I took two pretty wearable outfits from the runway and re-created them after lots of searching online, for much less money than the real thing. The first outfit is from ChloƩ's Fall 2007 Ready-to-Wear collection.



For the blazer, it was SO HARD to find, which was pretty weird. I mean, it's a gray blazer, how hard can it be? You have no idea. I wanted to try to get the heather gray, but I couldn't find it. I decided that I would put these two jackets from Forever 21 in here, since they were both pretty good, but I couldn't decide.



First Mate Cotton Jacket



LS Cotton Jacket

I would just remove the tie for this one.

The skirt was much easier, but requires a simple DIY, which are always fun, right? Begin with this skirt from Urban Outfitters-



Just cut and hem this skirt into a mini, then...
Lux Knit A-Line Skirt

Hot glue on these mirror strips from www.kitkraft.biz.


There's Outfit 1.

Next is this Stella McCartney number from her Fall 2007 collection.



Start with the Pointelle 3/4 Sleeve Top from Topshop-



Put the Lux Dakota Trapeze Jacket from Urban Outfitters on over that-



The last part is the California Fleece Skirt from American Apparel-



How'd you like that? It was pretty fun putting that together! I'm having lots of post ideas lately- keep on leaving those nice comments!

xoxo
fashionista

1 comment:

  1. Do-it-yourself knockoffs! Love it! I love "look for less" posts. Keep them coming =)

    ReplyDelete