6.15.2007

It Has Happened

I have officially seen the first person in Dallas wearing Tory Burch flats. Emma from If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say, Come Sit Here By Me has been going on about how, in New York, everyone wears them, but here, NOBODY does. NOBODY. So, I was pretty shocked to see them on somebody who didn't look remotely fashionable. I was just chowing down my Famous Famiglia garlic knots at the mall's food court (they are nothing but calories...but so good...soo gooood...) and she was sitting across from me. She was the kind of person that thinks, "Hey, if I deck myself out in head-to-toe designer labels, that probably makes me fashion-forward." Which is wrong. Very wrong. She was just sitting there in her Chanel glasses (not sunglasses) and Tory Burch flats and some green minidress that didn't do her legs much justice. I really wish it was a different person wearing those flats, I really truly do. Whatever.

So that day at the mall, I went to BP. Since I am on the prowl for a nice vest, I was looking all over. And I found the most perfect one EVER. It is adorable. Light blue, gray, and black houndstooth, with a racerback. I haven't gotten it yet, I put it on hold, but I'm going back to retrieve it in about 20 minutes, I think. I'm going to wear it with a gray ribbed tank, my black skinny jeans, and this awesome bracelet from Forever 21 I got that day. It's translucent turquoise, and it has these oversized studs CARVED into it. So cool. I found a picture-



I am in love. I'm not sure what shoes to wear with it. I don't want to be like complete menswear with oxfords or something. But I don't own any oxfords, sooo.... I got some cute black flats a week ago. I never thought I would do it, but they are *gasp* Jessica Simpson. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that. But they are very cute. They have these kind of...folds around the top and they have a suede toe. I might get a picture soon.

xoxo
fashionista

5 comments:

  1. ooo you must post the full outfit when you get it :) i want a vest too, however i've discovered that for me it's not a problem of finding one, but that my torso is too small. :( good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. other shoes you can try are jazz type shoes they are so cute and are probably about 2 be really popular urban outfitters sells some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i live in ny , go out quite a bit , and have never seen the reva flat on anyone. i have seen the sue london shoes though, and other ballet flats , but never the reva.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention! I LOVE that bangle. Ugh, and that girl's outfit sounds awful. Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adore that bangle, fab post. since i love your blog so much, i'm tagging you so go here http://southernshopaholic.blogspot.com/2007/06/tagged.html

    ReplyDelete